Thursday 8 February 2018

'I'm not convinced by you guys so I’m not going to resign'

President Jacob Zuma and ANC treasurer-general Paul Mashatile. 
File picture: Antoine de Ras/ANA

Cape Town - ANC treasurer-general Paul Mashatile revealed that President Jacob Zuma was prepared to go through a motion of no confidence vote in the National Assembly or even impeachment proceedings.

This emerged after a recording of Mashatile addressing investors at the Mining Indaba on Tuesday night was leaked on social media.

Mashatile divulged details of a meeting the ANC top six leadership held with Zuma on Sunday. He claimed that the group tried to persuade Zuma to go, but the president refused.

"We were saying to President Zuma on Sunday that we don't want two centres of power, we want president Ramaphosa to take control not only of the ANC, but also the affairs of the state. And we were very clear about it”.

“President Zuma basically said to us: 'I'm not going anywhere, I'm not convinced by you guys so I’m not going to resign. You can go back and report to your national working committee and the NEC that I said I’m not resigning’,” Mashatile said.

In the recording, Mashatile also assured investors that the buck stops with Ramaphosa and that the future was bright. 





Full story at IOL.

By Zimasa Matiwane.

No comments:

Post a Comment