Friday 2 February 2018

Dlamini asked me to find dirt on banks, says former #SASSA CEO.

Johannesburg - Social Development Minister Bathabile Dlamini wanted to discredit South Africa’s banks so that they would not be selected to dispense welfare grants, former SA Social Security Agency (Sassa) CEO Thokozani Magwaza told an inquiry on Friday.

Dlamini instead pushed for the illegal Cash Paymaster Services (CPS) contract to be extended.
''The minister approached me and told me I should find something against the banks so that the banks' option would not work... I said no,'' said Magwaza.

''Minister drove us towards CPS. Everything done was a push to remain with CPS... this initially started as an option of extending the contract, then it later moved to option of a wholly new CPS contract.''




Full story at IOL
By Getrude Makhafola.





No comments:

Post a Comment